- A ticket consists of multiple articles.
- An article goes through a channel.
- Article got out and come in through channels.
- They are assigned to groups.
- Channels are for example email, chat, twitter, etc. New channels can be added via the plugin mechanism.
- Tickets will be assigned to a group.
- A ticket can only be assigned to one group.
- Organizations are used to group users.
- The common use case is to group the employees of a company into one organization.
- Overviews are configurable lists of tickets.
- There are system wide overviews (defined by an administrator) as well as user defined overviews.
- They are available for all roles.
- All permissions are role based.
- Access to groups is role based and specific actions also depend on the user’s roles.
- While writing an article, text modules are available to assist the agent’s work.
- All requests are called ticket.
- In other systems this is also being called issue, case, etc.
- Every person in Zammad is called a user.
- Each person needs a minimum of one assigned role.
- Three roles are predefined: Administrator, Agent, Customer